The organization of sewage is one of the priority tasks of private property owners. Bring the city sewer system is not always possible, especially if the house is located in a wilderness area. Then it is necessary to arrange sewage disposal by means of a special autonomous installation, which has the abbreviation AU. Most often such systems are called septic tanks, and one of them must be considered – Topaz.
Septic tank Topaz – general introduction
On the outside, the subject unit has a simple design, which is akin to an apiary – a vertical rectangular box with a lid. The case profile is made of polypropylene. A bet was made on it for a reason, because the plastic material does not decompose under the influence of different temperatures and moisture. This property allows the internal mechanisms to remain protected from precipitation, groundwater, etc.
The subject system is a self-contained waste treatment station. Four internal chambers are responsible for the corresponding function. They serve as barriers preventing waste. The sequential treatment in four stages makes the effluent 98% clean.
The presence of aerators in the compartments inside the chambers promotes the injection of oxygen, which awakens aerobic microorganisms. With them, the decomposition of waste is accelerated. But it is difficult to describe the thematic process in a few words. Therefore, it is important to tie the internal scheme of the device to the urgent question. It has:
- Camera for Reception;
- Aeration shade;
- Sludge level stabilizer;
- A channel for the access of effluent;
- Large fraction filter;
- An aerator of the receiving chamber;
- Aeration shade aerator;
- Airlifts to regulate temperature, gas level;
- Earlift to regulate sludge quality;
- Second level settling tank;
- Complex Fragment Collector;
- Cover for access to the aeration system;
- Air intakes;
- Clean water outlet channel;
- A channel for pumping out the sludge mass.
At the same time, Topaz septic tank can be changed depending on the technological innovations that guide the manufacturer of the thematic DU as part of its design and assembly. This potential is regulated by GOST and world standards.
The cleaning process
Multiple Topas devices handle the incoming waste stream in a coordinated manner. The cleaning process is carried out in several stages:
- When the effluent enters the chambers, aeration occurs for the development of bacteria. The latter break down some particles so that others settle to the bottom, and the fat rises to the surface. For large fractions there is a trunk with holes. The treated water is pumped through the pump. The coarse fractions remain so that the next filter gets less volume for processing. As a result, the first compartment copes with waste by 45-50%;
- The second compartment uses an aerotank to lift the contaminants above the water. Its pyramidal shape promotes fast settling of other particles. The pumps pump the water into the third compartment 20-30% cleaner than the initial contamination level;
- Bays three through four, similar to the previous one, bring purification to 97-99%.
After that, the water automatically fills another vessel. The further fate of the liquid is technical use.
Topaz septic tank must have a continuous power supply to work. If it occurs with stops, the aerator stops working, the bacteria die out quickly (within 4-8 hours), which obliges to start the technological process of cleaning again.
A topical wastewater treatment system has a certain capacity. Today, the line of Topaz septic tanks has expanded so much that there are huge stations to serve 100-150 people. Their operation requires engineering controls. Typical models are installed as standard and operate in stand-alone mode:
- First, you must choose a location for the system that is not overgrown with trees and is in close proximity to the house;
- Then a pit is dug under the purification structure (the depth should be larger than the septic tank by 20-30%, so that the latter can be conveniently handled from the side if necessary);
- Then a soft cushion of sand is arranged at the bottom of the pit (there should be several layers – 5 cm each);
- Under the sewer line, which will pass between the house and the septic, a trench is dug (it is important to observe the slope of the pipe from the toilet to the septic – 2 cm for each meter);
- Then you need to lay from the house to the pit propylene pipe and cable VVG 4*1,5 mm (the latter must be hidden in HDPE-pipe);
- The next step is to immerse the septic tank in the pit (the design provides holes for a rope, which can be used to neatly deepen);
- Next comes the connection of electric cable and sewer pipe to the inlet box and housing, respectively (in some septic tanks under the waste line must cut a hole, and after the thematic junction seal the joint with sealant);
- The final stage is the connection of pumps and spigots.
It remains only to connect the septic to the network and test it through a test run. For this purpose, the receiving chamber of the station is filled with clean water until it is full. This action initiates floating of the float and air supply by means of the aerotank. The unit can be considered as working.
Before you use a themed wastewater treatment system, you have to understand the complexity of its operation. The latter is binding:
- Have constant electricity;
- Have periodic inspections – 2-4 times a year;
- Be guided by volumetric flood limits;
- Find a way to use process water from waste.
If the private home is intended for seasonal recreation, the septic tank must be canned for the winter. Otherwise, the theme system can be considered fully autonomous.