Modern technology and equipment allow you to produce the best and optimal technical solutions, which become effective helpers in the arrangement of dacha or homestead plot. Green lawns and other plantings can quickly grow, for tidying up the yard and mowing lawns, a gasoline mower, otherwise called a brushcutter or trimmer, a gasoline mower, is used.
Traditional mowers are uncomfortable and unsafe to use, requiring a considerable investment of time and own efforts, which will help to save benzocos, combining in its design functionality and practicality. In the photo you can see a variety of high-tech devices, which are characterized by a set of operational characteristics, including such parameters as increased productivity and long service life.
A comfortable and reliable trimmer is a technical device consisting of individual mechanisms, parts and elements that can wear out, fall into disrepair and get damaged during intensive use.
Even with regular inspections, maintenance procedures, and careful storage, such appliances and their individual parts require repair and even replacement, all repair procedures can be done by yourself.
Chainsaw design and common malfunctions
It is easiest to give a chain saw to repair, having allocated a certain amount of money from the family budget, prompt and high-quality repair with your own hands is no less simple and convenient if you want to understand the design of the chain saw and fix all the problems.
The mass and piece production of trimmers is based on the use of generally accepted technology, the typical design scheme consists of certain elements and parts, it is important to know them when carrying out independent repair work:
- The upper part. The basis of the entire structure, where all the important elements are assembled, such as the starter, carburetor and engine of the chain saw;
- The middle part. The hollow rod, inside it is the cable that connects the engine and the gearbox, which drives the cutting line. In this part there are mounts for weight distribution of the whole construction and a belt for fixing the trimmer on the belt of the person using the trimmer for its intended purpose;
- The lower part. It contains the gearbox and cutting elements, which are hidden under a practical cover to protect the user. The cover provides an increased level of safety by preventing large particles of debris, stones and glass from getting into the person while working with the chain saw.
Knowing precisely the internal structure and principle of operation of the trimmer, it is possible to carry out repair measures for the structure or to replace individual, worn out units using the repair manual on your own.
The following problems can be called the most common and frequent, subject to self-correcting breakdowns of the unit:
- Engine malfunction, due to which the chain saw does not start and does not work;
- Increased vibration of the brushcutter boom, making it difficult to use as intended;
- Increased overheating of the reducer, its accelerated heating during operation;
- Slow and poor cutting line performance at insufficient RPM;
- clogging of the starter grid, causing the engine to overheat and fail to run;
- Rapid and frequent clogging of carburetor due to use of poor quality fuel;
- clogging of the air filter if care measures for the unit are not taken.
All of these problems can cause the unit to become inoperable, a visual inspection and diagnosis of the unit should be performed before ordering the necessary parts for the knotless machine.
Particular attention requires individual parts and units of the device, to check them you do not have to go to a professional master, a set of diagnostic measures will help your own hands to identify the consequence of the occurrence of loss of serviceability.
Determining the cause of the malfunction
If the trimmer engine does not start or stops immediately after starting, if the gearbox overheats, or if extraneous noises are heard and vibration is clearly felt during operation, it is important to perform a visual inspection and identify the non-working unit.
To optimize preparations, a simple diagnosis and step-by-step inspection should be performed prior to repair:
- The presence of fuel in the tank and grease in the main components;
- The serviceability of the spark plug and its performance;
- Cleanliness of the brushcutter’s fuel and air filter;
- the exhaust port and breather of the device are clogged;
- quality of fuel and lubricants used.
To determine if the spark plug is functional, determine if the spark plug works by testing the appearance of the spark when it contacts the body of the functional device.
The spark plug itself can be replaced with a new one, having previously conducted drying of the spark plug channel, if necessary, the old element is also dried, cleaned with special devices and returned to its place.
While inspecting the carburetor it is worth paying attention to possible leakage of the fuel used, the following activities should be performed to identify carburetor problems:
- Blowing out the fuel hose to eliminate possible clogging of the element;
- Check and replace the gasket located between the engine and the carburetor;
- determining tightness and maintaining a constant pressure in the unit.
If necessary, the unit can be disassembled and thoroughly cleaned by hand, using gasoline, the jets and ducts are cleaned using compressed air.
Starter and gearbox breakdowns
The gearbox transmits the torque from the motor shaft to the cutting tool, its gears must be absolutely clean and always lubricated with a special grease during operation.
The maintenance inspection by your own efforts once a season will save you from having to repair the gearbox or replace it, with the purchase of an expensive new unit.
The starter is necessary to bring the trimmer into working condition, its diagnostics consists in checking the tension of the cord coupled with the teeth of the starter coil, which are often destroyed at a sharp start.
Non-working starter in a chain saw is not repairable, it must be replaced by a working unit, as part of a mandatory inspection or a set of repair measures.
The cutting elements require special attention and care and must always be cleaned of dirt and grass clippings after use. Regular inspection and careful preparation of the device for work will help to avoid costly and time-consuming repairs and to be always sure of the serviceability of the chain saw.
Photo of the chainsaw repair process
Save the article to your page: