Becoming the happy owner of a country plot, a person faces several problems. One of the main is the planning. It is necessary to optimally mark out the territory, think about the location of residential buildings, landscape elements, decide on the general design of construction.
In order to answer all the questions that have arisen, it is necessary to make a detailed plan of the land.
Short article content:
Where to start designing a project
Any planning in construction begins with an assessment of the conditions in which it will be carried out. This step describes the characteristics of the area to be developed. The landowner is required to take into account when planning the land:
- The topography of the surface. The latter can be flat, hilly, or have ravines or large rocks. All this affects the overall layout of buildings and laying of communications;
- Soil quality. It is necessary to determine the presence of fertile layer. More precisely, its depth. If it is less than 10 cm, then on such land can not grow even lawn grass. Additional supply of soil is required;
- Presence of groundwater. If their level is high, it is obligatory to include a drainage system in the plan;
- Climate. Depending on the climatic zone, the composition of plantings should be carefully selected;
- Size, shape. Depending on the shape and size will be developed landscape design of the site.
To learn even more about private homes, visit https://masterinterera.ru/doma
A variety of methods are used in developing a project. The most common are considered to be:
Geometric. Used when the surface topography is flat. Geometric arrangement of buildings and plantings, as well as clear, even borders of all elements of the landscape are considered distinctive features.
For example, trees, bushes, flower beds are arranged in the form of rectangles or squares with even borders. It is also possible to plant plants in the form of other geometric shapes, corresponding to the general stylistics of the plan.
Landscape. Used when the surface of the land is uneven. The arrangement of buildings and plants does not follow clear lines. On the contrary, asymmetry is used in the design of the entire exterior. For example, ravines and elevations are preserved or created, paths are laid in curved lines, trees and plants are planted according to the fantasy of the owner, rather than geometric shapes.
With this site layout scheme, all artificial elements are seamlessly integrated into the natural landscape to create a more natural design.
Mixed. Combines the features of landscape and geometric in different proportions. Does not have clear rules of construction. Most popular among dacha owners.
Dividing the site into zones
After selecting a methodology, zoning should be done. When you create a project, you usually allocate: a living area, a recreational area, outbuildings, greenery and a vegetable garden.
Residential structures are usually set aside 10% of the total area, plants and beds 75%, and the remaining 15% of the area is set aside for outbuildings, recreation areas, paths, and decorative elements.
The layout of the house is the most important part of the project. If the land has a simple rectangular shape, the house is located on the basis of ease of access or for aesthetic reasons.
With a non-standard shape, the choice of optimal location depends on several factors. For example, if the site has a narrow long shape, the house is built facing the main entrance. And if the landscape slopes, the structure is placed on a hill. This avoids flooding of the foundation and basement.
It is recommended to place recreation areas in the backyard. If it is a gazebo, summer kitchen or playground, they should be located in a well-viewed place and preferably in the shade.
Owners of plots with a bathhouse and a garage must place their structures wisely. The place for the garage should be chosen depending on the access roads. For safety reasons, it is desirable to place the garage on the other side of the playground. Also find out about sheds.
The bathhouse should not stand in front of the house. The optimal option would be a remote corner of the site, hidden from the street by trees. All auxiliary buildings for household purposes is better to build closer to the fence and hidden by shrubs.
Plants and the vegetable garden
After the plan of the buildings has been worked out, you can move on to the placement of green spaces. It is better to place the planting area on the south side.
But it should be taken into account that the buildings will give shade. In such places it is not recommended to grow beds for vegetables and fruits. The location of ornamental plants depends only on the imagination of the owner and the design project.
Making a flowchart
Now, having data on the character of the landscape and using planning and zoning techniques, it is necessary to make a plan diagram. The latter is created for the clarity of the entire project. To do this, you can turn to professionals, but it is recommended to make a plan-scheme yourself.
Take a sheet of paper. If necessary, trim it to the desired shape. Then make from colored paper all the buildings, plants and other elements that you want to see in your scheme. Do not forget to take into account the approximate scale. Then start to place the objects on the plan, move them, compose according to your taste.
The plan should be sure to reflect:
- Location of living quarters;
- Outbuildings and outbuildings;
- Schematics of communications and power lines.
Scheme can be made from three-dimensional models. The latter are glued together from paper or molded from plasticine. Then the models are placed on the plan and the light is directed to them. This allows you to determine where the shadows from the objects will fall on a sunny day.
If you have difficulty with the plan, we recommend turning to specialized sites. There you will find pictures of various site layouts and accurate plan calculations.
When planning, we recommend using tips from builders and designers.
- To protect the backyard from prying eyes, you can place the house right on the border with the street;
- If the lot has a slope, the house is placed on an elevation or in the middle of a slope, with a backsplash to be made;
- Trees are not planted close to the house. The reason for this is that the house will be heavily shaded. There is also the possibility that in a few years, the roots of the tree can damage the foundation of the house;
- To create a favorable atmosphere, as protected as possible from the sounds of the street and dust, you should build the house in the middle or in the back of the plot. And plant trees along the perimeter;
- Fire and sanitary regulations must be considered in developing the plan.
Planning is an individual and creative process. There are many variants of planning. Each of them depends not only on the landscape, geology, climate, but also on the owner’s preferences and his imagination.
The main thing to remember is that all the objects and elements of the plan should be maintained in the same style and harmoniously complement each other. Only then will your layout look like a single composition.
Photo of the site layout